May 19, 2010

May 17: A Dozen Mouths to Feed

Memphis Ribs
Trace Zinfandel

Eggplant Rollatini
angel hair pasta
Pomine P35 Toscana

Sesame Seared Tuna
jicama slaw with miso dressing
Moulin de Toulot White

Honey Lavender Profiteroles
Ipsus Passito de Pantelleria

Phew! This dinner was hard! Part of my exhaustion was probably from hiking all day on Saturday and then cleaning the Charles River on Sunday before I could even begin my grocery shopping. I definitely did my zombie stare into the tv for a good 2 hours before I got up the energy to go to the store(s). That left me in desperate need of a nap, but I tried to get a head start on my task list instead.

Not only was I super busy, but this was the hardest menu I've come up with (oops) - and I had 12 people coming to eat. On Sunday night, I intended to dry rub the ribs, roast eggplant, julienne veggies, make profiteroles, make ice cream, make miso dressing, and finally roll ricotta cheese into eggplant. I didn't quite finish everything, which just meant more work for the big night. ack!

I had a worse night sleep on Sunday night than I did before I took the GMAT. Then I spent all day at work stressing about how much I had to do, but as soon as I got home I realized everything would get done in time. I don't know what's wrong with me. I had a little help setting the table, but by the time people started showing up I had time to sit and hang out with everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Pictures!

    How much do you adjust the dishes as you're cooking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, again not many pictures. one of these days i'll get the hang of it.

    i'm not usually following a recipe for these dishes - i'm bad at it. i get and idea, look up a sample recipe, and then do what i want. so technically, i change everything and nothing at all. if it's a matter of garnish or sauce, they usually all make it onto the plate.

    ReplyDelete