May 14, 2010

April 25: I can't wait a month!

I tried and tried, but I just couldn't wait any longer to have another dinner.

Springtime Asparagus Soup
served with creme fraiche and garlic rubbed crostinis
Fondarzac White '07

Shrimp and Mango Summer Rolls
Poppy Chardonnay

Braised Lamb Shank
with farro risotto
Terramater Cab Sav

Chocolate Mascapone Mousse
on a chocolate shortbread
Casalone Mariposa

















Three quick notes on this meal:

I'm glad that I had my friends over for dinner. That way, if I do something like roll ugly summer rolls, I can still serve them! Hopefully the taste made up for the way they looked.

This was my first time cooking lamb. You will probably see more slow roasted meats on my menu. It's nice to have something you can throw in the oven for a couple hours while working on other dishes. And no one can say no to meat that's so tender it is falling of the bone.

Farro risotto is my new favorite. I always have it at my hotel in Philadelphia when I go for interviews. It's smooth and creamy, and it still has a bite to it when all is done. Maybe it's better for you than arborio rice too, I don't know. All i know is that it's delicious, and I want more!

More about our dessert wine later. That will get it's own post...

No comments:

Post a Comment