May 12, 2010

It Begins

Someone told me to start a blog, so here it is. If only everything were that easy. Anyway, this is how it all began.

I decided that my life needed a few things: A budget to cook fancier food than I can normally afford. People to feed these things to (cooking for one can get pretty boring). More wine. A way to meet people. Another hobby.

Thinking, thinking, tinkering, thinking...

Ah ha! Along the lines of Bowdoin's Dinner with 6 Strangers, people can sign up to have dinner at my house. You pay, I cook, and you take your chances on your dining companions and menu that particular evening. With your money in my pocket, I'll have so many delicious ingredients at my fingertips.

So, let's say we have dinner at least once a month. Four course chef's (that's me!) tasting menu with wines paired with each course.

Humor me, I promise it'll be tasty.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Don't forget the brunches and lunches! Are you going to eventually get a book deal out of this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! good luck! can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pictures?!! i don't have any pictures!

    ReplyDelete