August 24, 2010

Truffles Galore

Everyone wants a little something to munch on. When you arrive at 1243 beacon (for fancy dinner), that little something is truffled popcorn. I bought some truffle salt last time I was in San Francisco, and have since sprinkled it on anything and everything - mac and cheese, potatoes, chicken, chowder... My favorite, and least time consuming option, is popcorn. I just pop some kernels on the stove in olive oil, and then sprinkle the truffle salt on top when it's done. Yum!

People always ask me how they get their hands on some, and I say, "At the mushroom store, in the Ferry Building, in San Francisco." Duh. Well, apparently that's not helpful. So I did a little web savvy research (I googled it and looked for a picture that matches the one I have) - it's Casina Rossa Truffle & Salt, and you can buy it online!

It was shared with me by the clerk at the mushroom store like this: "Do you like truffles?" Me: expectant nod. Clerk, "Ok, lick this." Me: quizzical WTF?

Luckily I had no trouble licking the potion off my not so clean hands because now I'm sharing it with you. Go find some and lick it!

1 comment:

  1. This makes me want to break out the Truffle Salt and have some popcorn again!

    ReplyDelete