July 27, 2010

June 27: The Big Apple

Sissy's birthday + we're both in NYC means 4x4 birthday brunch. It also means lobster rolls from Luke's Lobster and it should mean Cambodian pork belly banh mi as well, but that's besides the point. Anyway, since Ranyee likes making desserts much more than I do, I only had to make 3 courses! Which was actually really fortuitous because I was alternating between passed out on the couch from too much benadryl and soaking my feet in ice water. Long story short, I was viciously attacked by no-see-ums on a rafting trip to Maine a few days prior and those are itchy little buggers. I am surprisingly alert and not grumpy in this shot on the left. But that's enough about me and my hardships. Moving on....

There were pictures being taken, but I'm pretty sure Ranyee's subsequent marriage and honeymoon got in the way of me getting a copy of them. In the meantime, I stole some from Mike's facebook to put here. I think it's allowed because we technically walked down the aisle together too.

= stealing pictures is acceptable (thanks Mike!)



We have some repeats here from previous dinners, so I'll go over the menu quickly. We had beet and cantaloupe soup, chicken salad and almonds on mixed baby greens, seared scallops with miso slaw, and liege waffles with roasted cherries.

I'll end with - I need to get me some stainless steel cookware. It could open the doors to a world of searing and deglazing that is not accessible with my non-stick hodge podge. But that'll have to wait until I have my own kitchen.

3 comments:

  1. I uploaded photos to Picasa. You can download, edit, filter, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, i made a new banner out of it. you like? i am a self taught AI expert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new banner.

    If you liked cooking in our NYC apartment, wait until you get to our DC apartment! The kitchen is now set up to be fully and thoroughly awesome!

    ReplyDelete